Dog play will help keep a dog busy, and channel their energy into fun and constructive activities. Playing with your dog will also help with obedience training, enhance your dog relationship, and establish you as the pack leader. Here are our thoughts on bubbles for dogs and how to make your own doggy-safe concoction.
Our resident pooch Luka had a merry time chasing the bubbles around the park and did some olympic high-jump/leaping to get at some of the ones that were floating away.
How to make doggy-safe homemade bubble solution
- liquid dish soap
- corn syrup
- stock cube (to make it even more appealing!)
- Mix soap and water – Bubbles can be made using any type of liquid soap, body wash, shampoo, or laundry detergent you have around the house. Find one that is all natural and chemical-free. Some soaps make bubbles that last longer than others, so experiment with different types until you find one you like. Simply mix one part liquid soap and 4 parts water in a jar, cup or bowl.
- Strengthen your bubble solution – There are some tricks you can use to make your bubbles stronger than typical bubbles. Add a little sugar, corn syrup, or starch to the mixture. This causes the bubbles to be a little thicker, which results in longer-lasting bubbles.
- Make it a day before you intend to use the bubbles
- Keep it in an air tight container